Sunday, October 08, 2006

College Hiring

I present this little bit of anecdotal evidence that employment prospects for I/T professionals here in the USA are bright. I am making my first college recruiting trip! I will be interviewing undergraduates and graduate students at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville on October 27, 2006 October 20, 2006 for positions in IBM Global Business Services-Application Services. We’ve been hiring experienced professionals all along for several years but this is my first personal experience interviewing college students for entry level positions. I like to look at it as hiring the next generation of I/T Architects and others who will become the technical leaders of tomorrow. Think about it. This is a clear indication of confidence in our future prospects for new business and demonstrates a willingness to invest in the training and mentoring of new employees who don't have lots of real-world experience.

I was actually on campus a couple of weeks ago to speak at an "info night" to talk about Application services and what career in consulting is like. Here's a picture of the UT University Center.

No comments: